Jethro Tull ‘Thick As A Brick’ reissue – New SW stereo & surround mix!
Jethro Tull’s classic 1972 concept album ‘Thick As A Brick’ is being reissued on 5th November to commemorate it’s 40th anniversary. Yep, you guessed it – Steven Wilson has provided brand new stereo and surround mixes of the record. The CD contains his new mix, while the DVD contains the 5.1 DTS & Dolby Digital surround sound mix, high quality stereo 96/24 (new SW mix) and the original 1972 stereo mix flat transferred to 96/24 PCM.
There’s certainly a lot to love here for audiophiles! On top of all that, a special limited vinyl edition is also being made available on the same date, which includes Steven’s new mix. The vinyl edition however also comes with Ian Anderson’s sequel album ‘Thick As A Brick 2′ which was released earlier this year (SW also handled mixing for that record, too!).
We’ve got two photos by Burning Shed which show the two editions, the pre-orders for which are being sent out already.
You can pre-order the CD/DVD edition of Jethro Tull’s ‘Thick As A Brick’ from Burning Shed, here.
You can pre-order the limited vinyl edition of Jethro Tull’s ‘Thick As A Brick 1&2′ from Burning Shed, here.
- Steven Wilson and Guthrie Govan talk about their touring gear
- Early Porcupine Tree recordings ‘Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape’ now available to pre-order exclusively from Headphone Dust
- SW and band to perform in store at Amoeba Records in San Francisco
- Steven Wilson announces more European tour dates
- Steven Wilson and band perform ‘The Watchmaker’ Live in Germany
- Steven Wilson to headline Loreley Festival in Germany in July
- Steven Wilson posts update thanking fans for European tour
- Lengthy new interview with Steven Wilson recorded in Stuttgart
- ‘The Free Henry Fool Download EP’ featuring two Steven Wilson mixes
- The Making of ‘The Raven That Refused To Sing’ with Jess Cope