Steven Wilson’s ‘Grace for Drowning’ – Review Roundup
Steven Wilson’s second solo album, ‘Grace for Drowning’, released on September 26th 2011, received critical acclaim across the board from many professional music critics. Below, I’ve included highlights from some of those reviews. Let’s start off with Sputnik Music, who posted a very positive 4.5/5 review for the record:
Next up, PopMatters.com listed Grace for Drowning as their number one progressive rock album of the year, and they also posted a positive 8/10 review back in October. I’ve included an extract below:
Grace for Drowning also managed to gain some mainstream attention, with it managing to chart at number 34 in the week of it’s release in the UK. RollingStone.com posted a short but positive 4-star review in November. I’ve posted an extract below:
Stereoboard.com, who have always been very positive towards Steven Wilson’s work in the past, posted a highly positive review of ‘Grace for Drowning’ just before the album’s release in September. Stereoboard.com’s reviewer Ben Bland did a fantastic job with the last paragraph of the review, which I’ve posted below:
I’ve saved the best for last. Alternative Matter posted an incredibly positive review – I’ve posted the summary paragraph below.
We here at StarsDie.com would also like to thank the Steven Wilson Street Team for their Grace for Drowning user reviews promotion campaign.
- The Making of Steven Wilson’s ‘Drive Home’ Video
- Steven Wilson releases new video for ‘Drive Home’
- Steven Wilson wins ‘Album of The Year’ at the 2013 Prog Awards
- ‘The Raven That Refused To Sing’ featured in trailer for ‘Pompeii’
- Blackfield launch new website featuring exclusive Aviv Geffen interview
- Blackfield unveil beautiful new video for ‘Jupiter’ taken from ‘IV’
- Gavin Harrison and 05Ric back on the road in November and December
- Colin Edwin releases ‘Endless Tapes’ EP and will perform with Henry Fool live at Kscope’s 5th Anniversary show
- Steven Wilson releases stills from upcoming ‘Drive Home’ video
- Steven Wilson to headline Loreley Festival this weekend!