Steven Wilson to record third solo album in LA this September
Steven Wilson has updated his Facebook page with more details regarding his third solo album, and follow up to 2011′s critically acclaimed ‘Grace for Drowning’. He intends to take both the concept and the packaging to the next level with the album, which is due to be released early next year. Recording for the album will take place in Los Angeles this summer, and Lasse Hoile will be present to record in studio footage, which will be uploaded to Steven’s newly launched YouTube channel. Another interesting thing to note is legendary sound engineer Alan Parsons will be overseeing the recording.
Hi folks – an update of sorts…. The writing for the next SW album is almost finished, and this time I’ve written it all for my live band to play, mostly pretty long pieces (including the piece we previewed on the recent tour “Luminol”). We will start recording in LA in September with Alan Parsons overseeing things. Alan, as I’m sure many of you know, was the engineer on Dark Side of the Moon, one of the best sounding records ever.
The new album should be out in early 2013, and conceptually and visually we are planning to take things to the next level with the packaging and live show too. Lasse is also going to be there to film so we plan to bring you some in the studio footage on the official SW YouTube channel.
- Watch SW and band perform ‘The Raven That Refused To Sing’ live!
- Blackfield IV pre-order details, tracklist, release date, album cover
- Steven Wilson and Guthrie Govan talk about their touring gear
- Early Porcupine Tree recordings ‘Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape’ now available to pre-order exclusively from Headphone Dust
- SW and band to perform in store at Amoeba Records in San Francisco
- Steven Wilson announces more European tour dates
- Steven Wilson and band perform ‘The Watchmaker’ Live in Germany
- Steven Wilson to headline Loreley Festival in Germany in July
- Steven Wilson posts update thanking fans for European tour
- Lengthy new interview with Steven Wilson recorded in Stuttgart