Mikael Akerfeldt talks about Storm Corrosion!
Mikael Akerfeldt has given out some more information regarding his highly anticipated collaboration record with Steven Wilson, titled ‘Storm Corrosion’. I’ve collated his main points into bullet points below, so read on to find out what he had to say! Most of the new information is taken from a recent interview with Linea Rock, which you can watch below.
- There will be 6 tracks on the album
- Each song will be over 10 minutes long (yep, it’s definitely a prog record!)
- Lots of orchestration
- Some tracks will be beautiful, while others will be disturbing (similar contrast between ‘Postcard’ and ‘Index’ on Grace for Drowning)
- It will be released in April 2012 on Roadrunner Records
- It will not sound like Porcupine Tree or Opeth
- Steven Wilson – vocals, keyboards
- Mikael Akerfeldt – guitars, vocals
- The record has no drums on it, usually has a guitar keeping the beat