Listen to ‘Cut Ribbon’ and ‘Harmony Korine (Acoustic)’ on the SW Fan App!
Steven Wilson has released two new songs, which are available to stream through his official iOS app, released today by Swarm Intelligence. The first of which is ‘Cut Ribbon’ a song which was originally written during the ‘In Absentia’ sessions, for Storm Corrosion (a project which is finally coming to light in April next year). The track appeared in demo form a while ago on the Internet, but it has never been commercially released, until now. Steven gave a short description of the track’s current version, on the app itself:
One important audio exclusive included with this first version of the app is the song Cut Ribbon. This was originally written for a planned metal collaboration with Mikael from Opeth about 10 years ago, then later re-recorded for both ‘Insurgentes’ and more recently ‘Grace for Drowning’. Each time I couldn’t really make it fit in with the style of those records, so here it finally finds a home, in it’s most recent 2010 mixed form. I’m just about to go on tour with the solo material for the first time, so I hope to add some live clips soon! Enjoy! – Steven Wilson
Below, I’ve provided some more screenshots of the app, from the iTunes download page, which you can find here.
- No-Man’s Tim Bowness to release new studio album ‘Abandoned Dancehall Dreams’
- Photos from Blackfield’s show at Koko in London
- Blackfield’s final tour with Steven Wilson starts this week in Europe
- More details on the new reissue of Steven Wilson’s ‘Cover Version’
- I.E.M. – Complete (4 CD box set) 2nd edition available to pre-order
- 2014 New Year Update from Steven Wilson
- End of Tour Update from Steven Wilson – Next Studio Album Coming in 2014?
- The Making of Steven Wilson’s ‘Drive Home’ Video
- Steven Wilson releases new video for ‘Drive Home’
- Steven Wilson wins ‘Album of The Year’ at the 2013 Prog Awards