Listen to ‘Cut Ribbon’ and ‘Harmony Korine (Acoustic)’ on the SW Fan App!
Steven Wilson has released two new songs, which are available to stream through his official iOS app, released today by Swarm Intelligence. The first of which is ‘Cut Ribbon’ a song which was originally written during the ‘In Absentia’ sessions, for Storm Corrosion (a project which is finally coming to light in April next year). The track appeared in demo form a while ago on the Internet, but it has never been commercially released, until now. Steven gave a short description of the track’s current version, on the app itself:
One important audio exclusive included with this first version of the app is the song Cut Ribbon. This was originally written for a planned metal collaboration with Mikael from Opeth about 10 years ago, then later re-recorded for both ‘Insurgentes’ and more recently ‘Grace for Drowning’. Each time I couldn’t really make it fit in with the style of those records, so here it finally finds a home, in it’s most recent 2010 mixed form. I’m just about to go on tour with the solo material for the first time, so I hope to add some live clips soon! Enjoy! – Steven Wilson
Below, I’ve provided some more screenshots of the app, from the iTunes download page, which you can find here.
- Steven Wilson to present Team Rock Radio with Tim Bowness
- Tim Bowness’ new album ‘Abandoned Dancehall Dreams’ out now!
- Steven Wilson remixes Gentle Giant’s ‘The Power and the Glory’
- StarsDie.com Featured Artist – May 2014
- Steven Wilson thanks Facebook fans in 200k milestone post
- Steven Wilson’s new Bass Communion box set out now!
- Check out this awesome cover of ‘The Raven That Refused To Sing’
- Tim Bowness ‘Abandoned Dancehall Dreams’ now available to pre-order!
- Bass Communion box set to be released in May
- New Opeth and Anathema albums feature mixes by Steven Wilson